BUY TO LET MORTGAGES
Simply Bridging are a specialist buy to let mortgage broker, we can help you secure Buy To Let mortgages from the whole of the market.
How to Get a Buy to Let Mortgage in 5 Easy Steps?
1. Is it possible for me to apply for a Buy-to-Let mortgage?
Before applying for a Buy to Let mortgage, there are several factors to consider, including:
• Determining your eligibility to apply
• Determining how much you could borrow
• Determining the costs of purchasing, operating and maintaining your Buy to Let property.
2. Obtaining an Agreement in Principle and locating the appropriate property
When you’re ready to start looking at properties and making offers, getting an Agreement in Principle (AIP) from one of our mortgage consultants can help.
You can contact us here to apply for an Agreement in Principle.
3. Has your offer been accepted? You are ready to begin the mortgage application process.
You are ready to start your mortgage application once you have had an offer accepted.
4. Conveyancing and exchange of contracts
This is the legal aspect of purchasing and selling real estate.
This stage of the Buy to Let purchasing process will be assisted by a licensed conveyancer.
5. Your responsibilities as a landlord and renting your property
Being a Buy to Let landlord comes with a lot of duties and obligations.
Tenancy agreements, tenancy deposits, repair and maintenance, and other items are among them.
A buy to let mortgage is a loan secured against a property that will be rented out to tenants. Individuals, businesses, and, in some cases, family members can all rent the property. A buy-to-let mortgage is based on the property’s rental income as well as your own income.
A minimum deposit of 20% of the purchase price is usually required when buying a buy-to-let property. You have the option of paying only the interest, which is known as an interest-only or paying the entire loan total, which is known as capital payback.
Are you looking for a Buy Let property? Or are you a current Simply Bridging, Buy to Let customers looking to move to a new contract or take out a larger loan? We have several Buy to Let options available.
A brief review of buy-to-let mortgages is as follows:
- Assistance in taking the next stages – before taking the following steps, we’ll chat to you about the Buy to Let mortgages we offer and ensure you have all the information you need to get started.
- Mortgages tailored to your needs – we only offer self-financing mortgages, which means the income generated by the property must cover the mortgage obligations. Keep in mind the prices and charges – it’s a good idea to double-check that the rent includes insurance and general maintenance and upkeep of the property, both now and in the future.
We can only provide you with information about our mortgage products. We can’t advise you on whether Buy to Let is an excellent long-term investment for you.
If you don’t make your mortgage payments, you risk losing your home.
The amount you can borrow on a buy to let mortgage will depend on the average market rental income value for the area where the property is located. Alternatively some buy to let mortgage lenders will work out the maximum loan using just the rental income.
Some lenders will allow you to increase the borrowing by supplementing the maximum borrowing with an effective guarantee based on your personal income. This is known in the industry as top slicing.
Each lender will work out how much you can borrow using a different calculation. We will use our extensive knowledge and experience of the market to match you to the correct bank, building society or specialist lender suitable for your mortgage needs.
There are two options if you want to rent out your primary residence.
You can begin by remortgaging the home into a buy-to-let mortgage. The second alternative is to contact your current lender and ask for permission to let your property. Most lenders will take your circumstances into account and permit you to let.
The maximum time the lender will let you rent the home out varies. Every 12 months, the lender will most likely reassess your condition. Some lenders will either impose a fee or increase the interest rate payable if you grant your agreement to let. They might switch you to a full buy-to-let product, which means you would not have to reevaluate your status until the product expires.
At Simply Bridging we have both knowledge and experience of the buy to let market. We work closely with our clients to ensure we fully understand your property strategy and if you don’t have one, that’s OK as we can help you formulate one.
Using Simply Bridging gives you access to high street banks, building societies, private banks and specialist buy to let lenders. Our aim is to provide you with expert buy to let strategy and advice. We will ensure we save you both time and money and put you in prime position to start your property investment journey.
To discuss your requirements in more detail, use the link below.